We are very excited to meet you and your child. This may be the very first dental visit for some kids or a new place for others who have been to another dental office in the past. We are committed to making this experience as pleasant and comfortable as possible, while providing high quality dental care using evidence-based techniques. We promote healthy oral care habits for a lifetime of excellent oral health.
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends seeing a pediatric dentist when the first tooth appears, or no later than your child’s first birthday. Therefore, we are committed to serve and educate the community by providing a free dental check-up for your baby and infant oral health instruction before he/she become 2 years old. We would like to prevent your precious baby from developing dental cavities [i.e. Severe Early Childhood Caries (S-ECC)]. Please schedule an appointment with us before his/her 1st birthday so that you and your baby can benefit from this to keep your baby’s teeth healthy.
To prepare for the first visit:
A parent or guardian’s anxiety about their child’s dental visit plays a huge role in the child’s fear of dentists, since parents unknowingly naturally transfer their fear onto their child. Therefore, we need your help to minimize your child’s fear. Please be positive, creating a perception of the pediatric dentist as one who will help to make their teeth strong and happy. Also, please use kid-friendly positive words instead of scary words (ex. wiggle instead of pull or yank, brush instead of drill, sleepy juice instead of shot, etc).
Other factors that may lead to dental fear include:
- Fear of pain or a past painful experience (including any surgery for medical conditions, prior immunizations at the doctor’s office)
- Sight or feel of dental instruments
- Emotions from concern over possible or perceived threats
We are devoted to understanding and addressing your child’s dental fear and to creating a positive experience by using special kid-friendly words and explaining to them the procedures step-by-step with positive words to minimize their anxiety regarding the unknown.
For children under 3 years old:
The dentist usually performs an oral exam, cleaning teeth with a toothbrush in the knee to knee position. The child is positioned on the parent’s lap facing the parent, with one leg wrapped around each side of the parent. The child’s head is lowered onto a pillow on the dentist’s lap for the examination. When the child is eventually able to lie in the dental chair and to tolerate the mechanical toothbrush, more extensive dental cleaning will be performed.
What to expect during the first dental visit
1. Meet and get to know Dr. Mina and her staff. Begin to build trust between your child and our team.
2. Your child will be introduced to the environment and dental equipment.
3. Discuss dental history, medical history, dietary assessment, and caries risk assessment.
4. Full dental exam with necessary x-rays and/or photos. Evaluate for signs of decay, cavities or any other dental concerns.
5. Thorough dental cleaning.
6. Discuss and learn dietary and oral habits, oral hygiene, and possible treatment recommendations, and obtain answers to all dental health- related questions.
7. Reward your child’s great help and participation during the first visit with a prize.
We do our best to schedule appointments at your convenience. Please call or email us to request an appointment. Also, we utilize a secure online system and encourage you to submit online patient demographic information, medical/dental history, and insurance information at least 1-2 days prior to your appointment so that we can prepare for your visit. By submitting the information in advance, we can check your insurance benefits and save time during check-in for a faster check-out.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, we will do our best to see your child as long as time allows but a portion of the scheduled treatment or exam not able to be completed during the remaining appointment time may need to be rescheduled, so as not to rush the treatment and to not delay the care for other families. If necessary, you can reschedule your appointment. Our goal is to always provide high quality care.
- Cancellation: Please call or email us to notify our office at least 24 hours prior to your appointment time if you must cancel. We understand that unexpected events can occur. When you cancel at least 24 hours in advance, it helps us to schedule other patients so that we will be able to free more time to assist you in rescheduling for your preferred time. Thank you for your cooperation.
- If you would like to have a pre-appointment visit to become familiar with our staff and facility, please let us know.
For the convenience of our patients, all office forms are available below. The new patient registration form can be completed in your web browser and will be automatically sent to our office when you click submit. Please complete the New Patient Form for each child. Please fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit. This will save you some time and hassle when you arrive, and allow us to check your insurance eligibility (if you have insurance)at least 2 days prior to your visit.:
Insurance & Finance
The Vine Kids Dental accepts all dental insurance plans, Healthy Montana Kids/CHIP, and Healthy Montana Kids Plus. Please contact us if you have any questions about your insurance. Insurance can be complicated and confusing, we are happy to answer your questions.
Our office is committed to helping you maximize your insurance benefits. Because insurance policies vary, we can only estimate your coverage in good faith but cannot guarantee coverage due to the complexities of insurance contracts. We make every effort to give you an accurate cost estimate for all appointments before treatment is performed. Your estimated patient portion must be paid at the time of service. We accept all dental insurance plans. We will be happy to file your insurance claims for you. After 60 days, you are responsible for the entire balance, paid-in-full.
In order to make sure your dental insurance claims are submitted in an effective and timely manner it is important that:
1. Submit your insurance information online form at least 1-2 days prior to your first appointment so that we will be able to check your insurance benefits and provide an accurate estimate of your out-of-pocket payment amount.
2. Update us on any changes in your insurance for both the policy holder, and the patient prior to any subsequent appointment.
Our greatest interest is in giving the best possible care for your child. We will do our best to fit your timetable and budget without compromising care.
We accept all payment methods (cash, check, debit cards, Visa, Master) and are happy to file insurance for your reimbursement. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Facilities and Equipment
- Digital X-rays
- Non-radiation cavity detection Aid
- DEXIS CariVu™ Transillumination